Next to salsa, queso is a staple in any good Mexican restaurant. Queso isn’t just “cheese sauce” as my Alabama friends call it. It is melted cheese with peppers, cilantro, onion, etc. Add this on top of your Moose Burrito or any other Mexican dish and ENJOY!
- Grate your cheese and mix together with corn starch in a bowl.
- Heat oil on high in a non-stick pan.
- Add onion and pepper until softened.
- Add diced tomatoes and drain off any excess moisture.
- Add shredded cheese and cream and stir until melted.
- Add cilantro and stir to combine. If it is too thick you can add additional cream.
- Eat with chips and enjoy!