These Trash Can Venison Nachos are fun delicious way to use ground venison!
There are a couple of places around San Antonio that sell trash can nachos. They bring them out in a giant metal container and dump them on your table. It’s a good way to throw back a few thousand calories with your friends 😂.
I’ve been dying to make these and finally went about finding a container to use. I just found an empty gallon paint bucket at Lowes for $5, but any nacho holding container will do. The places I have been to in San Antonio have both sides of the can cut off, so you just have to lift it up to unleash the nachos. I had only one side off, so I had to put the open side on a cookie sheet and flip the whole thing and shake. It works but might require a little vigorous shaking to get the nachos out (see my Instagram for visual aid).
After you get the container situated it’s a crazy easy recipe. I just used a taco seasoning packet to season the ground venison and I used a store bought queso blanco. You can make your own taco seasoning and you could use my queso recipe if you want, but I went for ease. I also used Doritos instead of your standard tortilla chips, to give it a more bar food feel, but use whatever chips you want.
Once you get the meat situated, beans heated up, and queso heated up stack your nachos how you like them! I loaded my nachos down, but if you prefer other ingredients or want even more ingredients DO IT. Use my recipe as a guide, but make them your own.
ENJOY this recipe and let me know what variations on these delicious Trash Can Venison Nachos you come up with in the comments!
Trash Can Venison Nachos
- Valspar 1-Gallon Bucket Or any other container you have
- Make sure whatever can, or container, you are using for the nachos is cleaned.
- Cook your ground venison, with the taco seasoning, according to the packets instructions.
- Heat up your refried beans, black beans, and queso.
- Put some queso at the bottom of your can so it'll be at the top when you flip your container.
- Layer your nachos how you like them.
- Put a cookie sheet on the opening of your container and flip everything upside down and shake to remove your nacho mixture.
- Top with sour cream and cilantro if desired and ENJOY!