As I said in my strawberry jam recipe, the Poteet Strawberry festival just happened. My husband and I got a flat of strawberries there and with strawberries up to our ears, I got to baking. One of my favorite fruity dessert dishes is a crumble. They are easy and so delicious, especially warmed with some vanilla ice cream (specifically H.E.B.’s 1905 vanilla if you can get your hands on some).
Anywho, one of my go to cereals is Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Having some on hand, I decided to incorporate it into my crumble. What baked was heaven. The slight crunch of the cereal with the softness of the strawberry filling is one of the best marriages my oven has made. In all honesty, I would quadruple the topping if my casserole dish would hold it haha! I would eat it by the spoonful.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as my family. It was all gone before I could blink!
- 2 lbs strawberries* hulled/top cut off
- 2.5 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat Oven to 350 °F
- Combine strawberry filling ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine topping ingredients. They will become a crumbly consistency.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish evenly spread the strawberry filling.
- Cover the strawberry filling evenly with the crumbly topping.
- Bake for 35 minutes. You will know it is almost cooked when it bubbles up on the sides and begins to brown. This is key to make sure the crumble is not too wet.
- Take out the casserole dish and sprinkle half a cup of crumbled Cinnamon Toast Crunch on top. Return to oven for five minutes.
- Rest for at least 15 minutes. I recommend chilling overnight to get a good thick consistency.
- Serve with ice cream and enjoy!