Y’all have probably seen or at least heard of the viral TikTok Feta pasta! Grilled Cheese Social came up with a simple yet extremely delicious pasta dish a, couple of months ago, that took social media by storm.
Spitfire Seasoning reached out to me a month ago to set up an affiliate partnership to try their seasonings. I told them I would have to try it before attaching my name to something and they obliged. When the seasonings arrived, my brain gears started churning. First of all, as it turns out, their seasonings ended up being delicious. Second, when combined with wild pheasant and few tweaks to the original Tik Tok pasta recipe, the results are amazing!! My non-tomato eating husband even loved the dish. It is truly something you might find at a restaurant and it is extremely easy to make.
If you too want to try this viral pasta with a wild game twist (with the seasonings I used), go to Spitfire Gourmet and use my code: sophie10 at checkout for a 10% discount!
Baked Pheasant Feta Pasta (Tik Tok Variation)
- 2 boneless skinless pheasant breasts
- 1 lb bowtie pasta
- 2 tbsp Chic Chick seasoning*
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 boxes cherry tomatoes around 24 oz
- 1 block feta
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2/3 oz basil leaves
- 2 cups spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
- In a 9x13 casserole dish place the tomatoes and pheasant with the olive oil and the Chic Chick seasoning and mixed this together.
- Then put the feta in the middle of the dish and evenly space the pheasant breasts on either side of the feta.
- Splash a little olive oil on top of the feta and also sprinkle red pepper flakes on top of the feta.
- Cook until the pheasant breasts reached 160 °F internal temperature (~20 minutes) and then remove the breasts from the dish and cut into small pieces.
- Put the dish back in to cook, increasing the temperature to 450 °F, for an additional 10 minutes, or until the feta and tomatoes have browned.
- Cook the pasta according to the box directions, while the tomatoes are cooking. When you strain the pasta reserve some of the pasta water.
- Remove baking dish from the oven add garlic, spinach, and basil immediately.
- Mix well. The heat of the tomatoes and feta will cook the garlic, spinach, and basil.
- Add pasta and pheasant to the dish.
- Mix well. To get a more creamy consistency add pasta water as desired.