Pimento Cheese is a super southern food that some people might have never of. Pimento cheese is what happens when cream cheese and shredded cheese make a baby. And boy is it good.
I went to school at Auburn University. If you have ever been, you know about Toomer’s Drugstore. Toomer’s makes the most delicious lemonade you will ever find, but they also make a dang good bacon pimento sandwich. It was me and my mom’s tradition, that whenever she came to visit, we would have lunch at Toomer’s and get lemonade with a pimento cheese sandwich. SO GOOD!!
I love pimento cheese and so does my family. H‑E‑B makes an ok one, but there is a brand called Palmetto cheese that far surpasses any pimento cheese I had found. UNTIL NOW! I like my recipe better haha! Enjoy!
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut top off of garlic.
- Place on foil and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Close the foil packet around the garlic and cook for 40 min.
- Cube the cream cheese to make it easier to mix.
- Shred your cheese in a food processor or cheese grater if you don't have it.
- Peel and finely chop your roasted garlic.
- Combine all your ingredients together.
- Put it in the fridge to let it chill and flavor up (~2-4 hours).