Vietnamese Pickled Carrots and Daikon Radishes are a very important side to go with your Wild Pork Vermicelli bowl. It gives the perfect acidity and, obviously, pickled flavor to pair with the pork!
This should be made three days in advance of eating. The pickling process is important in order to get the perfect flavor. You can pull it earlier, but again it won’t have as strong of a pickled flavor. This goes great with other Asian cuisine as well and I will definitely be coming back to this in the future!
Vietnamese Pickled Carrots and Daikon Radish
Delicious part of your vermicelli bowl!
- 1/4 lb matchstick carrots
- 1/4 lb daikon radish cut into matchsticks
- 2 C water
- 1.5 T sugar
- 1 T salt
- (2T - 1/4 C) rice vinegar to taste
- Garlic clove halved
- Thai chili peppers sliced For spice. Can omit
- In a mason jar add salt sugar, warm water and vinegar. Shake.
- Place halved garlic clove and Thai chilis (if using) in the jar. Shake.
- Fill with daikon radish/carrot mix until full. Shake.
- Let pickle for three days, shaking several times a day.
- Pair with your Vermicelli Bowl and ENJOY!