Pheasant Noodle Soup is the best and easiest way to warm up this winter season.
This is a recipe I created using chicken in college. I have added more and more flavor to it over time and finally perfected it. It is delicious. My husband has been my tester for years on this recipe and he can confirm that this recipe has really grown for the better.
By cooking the meat in the crockpot, the pheasant is super tender. It also absorbs a ton of flavor. I have added jalapeños and hot sauce to give the soup a little kick. It isn’t too overwhelming. My mom hates spice, but absolutely loved this recipe. If you like spicy, don’t be afraid to add more. If you hate spice, I highly suggest leaving it, but you can omit it.
This recipe is SO easy and will be a hit for the whole family. If your kids don’t like vegetables, I suggest processing them into smaller pieces like I did in the photo. However, if you don’t care, chopping or dicing the vegetables will be best. This is perfect for the cold weather. I hope y’all enjoy it!
Pheasant Noodle Soup
- 1 lb pheasant breasts skinless
- 3 medium carrots coins or diced
- 3 stalks celery sliced or diced
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 46.5 oz low sodium chicken broth or homemade broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp hot sauce I used Louisiana Hot Sauce; more or less
- 2 tsp diced, pickled jalapeños more or less
- 1 tsp Tony Chachere's
- 20 oz cheese tortellini
- Add all of the ingredients to your slow cooker except for the meat and tortellini.
- Mix well.
- Add pheasant and cook on low for 6 hours or until pheasant is shreddable.
- Shred pheasant.
- Add in the tortellini and cook 15 minutes or until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and extra hot sauce if desired. Discard bay leaves and Enjoy!