I love gator and I love gator burgers! This Jalapeño Cheddar Gator Burgers recipe is one of the best ways to make a gator burger I know!
My dad and husband got an 11-foot gator last year. After giving away around twenty pounds and cooking another twenty we still have forty pounds of gator meat in the freezer. You’d think with all the meat you get off a gator the internet would have more ideas than just deep frying it! This is recipe two now, using gator without frying it, and boy was it good! I highly recommend adding gator burgers to the menu if you have any gator meat in the freezer!
If you need more gator recipes in the future, which if you hunt a gator and keep the meat you definitely will, keep following this account! Here’s a link to all of the gator recipes I have made so far. This will continually be updated and if you have any suggestions or ideas post it in the comments down below!
Jalapeño Cheddar Gator Burgers
- 2 lbs gator thawed but very cold
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cubed to fit in grinder
- 2 jalapeños core and remove seeds
- 5 green onion chopped finely
- 1 egg whisked
- 2 T Louisiana hot sauce divided
- 1 T Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 C mayo
- Hawaiian hamburger buns
- Burger toppings lettuce, green onion, mustard, pickles, tomato, sliced cheese, etc
- Grind gator, cheddar, and jalapeños through a medium grinding plate.
- In a large bowl, add the meat mixture, green onions, egg, 1T hot sauce, and Cajun seasoning. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- If you have a flat grilling tray, heat your grill to medium high heat. If you do not, use a large skillet or large frying pan on medium high heat.
- Form six patties. They need to be pretty fat so that they do not fall apart.
- The meat is very lean so it does not like to stay together. I made mine about 3/4-1 inch thick and a little smaller than the size of my palm.
- Cook the patties 4-6 minutes each side or until fully cooked. As previously stated, they like to fall apart, so be careful when flipping them.
- Combine mayo and remaining 1T of hot sauce.
- Assemble burgers. Enjoy!