Asian inspired gator dish based off of a take out favorite!
- ½ C white vinegar
- ½ C + 2 T sugar
- ¼ C water
- 4 T soy sauce more to taste
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 1 T corn starch
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Chili flakes to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Green onion chopped
- In a fryer or frying pan, heat oil to 360 °F.
- Combine egg, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- In a separate shallow dish, combine flour and corn starch.
- Cover gator bites in egg wash mixture and then dredge in flour mixture. Set aside and repeat with the rest of the nuggets.
- When oil is the right temperature, fry nuggets for approximately 3 minutes, turning them, and frying for another 2 minutes or until fully cooked and light brown. Repeat this process for any remaining nuggets.
- Set aside on a paper towel lined plate. This will absorb any excess oil.
- Put all sauce ingredients in a saucepan and combine until there are no corn starch clumps.
- Heat over medium to medium high heat, stirring often.
- Once desired thickness is reached, toss nuggets in the sauce.
- Once tossed add sesame oil and toss again to combine.
- Top with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.