My Grandma’s Meatloaf adapted to my Grandma’s Venison Meatloaf was a winner!
This is a family recipe that my grandma used to make for my dad growing up. I got a request on Instagram a while back for a venison meatloaf recipe and I decided it was time to make it! I used ground venison instead of the ground beef and venison pan sausage instead of turkey breakfast sausage. The outcome was delicious!
I know a lot of people will think meatloaf is boring and might not be as big of a fan as me and my dad (we make meatloaf sandwiches with the leftovers lol) but meatloaf is an easy way to use some ground venison and sausage. Also, it is really one of the easiest meals to prep for. Just mix some stuff together and throw it in the oven and boom your done! A little spicy ketchup and mashed potatoes on the side can also liven up the meal 😉. Next time you’re wondering what to make for dinner throw this tried and true staple together and ENJOY!
Grandma's Venison Meatloaf
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 lb venison pan sausage
- 1 C Pictsweet Recipe Helper Seasoning Blend
- 1 C uncooked quick oatmeal
- 2 eggs slightl beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 C ketchup I used spicy
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Mix all ingredients well and press firmly into a sprayed loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place in sprayed 8x8 baking pan.
- If desired, top with 1/2 C of ketchup.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Drain off fat if necessary.
- Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving.