What’s better than comfort food? Easy to make comfort food! With this crockpot pheasant and dumplings, throw it in a pot, and in a few hours you have yourself a simple yet delicious meal.
I know pheasant and dumplings is probably a staple in the pheasant community, but I wanted to put my own spin on this tried-and-true recipe! Also, using a prepackaged biscuit dough might seem weird, but trust me it is absolutely delicious. Give it a try and let me know in the comments what you think. Enjoy!
Crockpot Pheasant and Dumplings
- 2 lbs pheasant breasts*
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 2 fresh cloves of garlic minced
- 2 10 oz cans of cream of chicken soup
- 3 C chicken broth
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sage
- 1 package 8 count refrigerated biscuit dough
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT dough and meat to crockpot. Stir to combine.
- Place meat in the mixture making sure it is all covered with the liquid.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- When the meat is cooked through and tender (~3 hours on low or 6 on high), shred it or remove to a cutting board and cut it into bite size pieces to make it easier. Stir to combine.
- Open your biscuits.
- Press individual biscuits flat with the palm of your hand.
- Cut biscuits into narrow strips (I use a pizza cutter). Add to the slow cooker and stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour or until biscuits are cooked (light and fluffy).