These buttery buttermilk biscuits are easy and will melt in your mouth.
Who doesn’t love some delicious biscuits? Throw these bad boys together with your grits, eggs, bacon, and sausage or with your Whataburger honey butter pheasant biscuit and go to town!
Buttery Buttermilk Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix all ingredients except the melted butter together.
- Once combined, roll dough out and fold.
- Repeat this process rolling out less thin each time. Do this until you have 1-inch-thick dough. This will create the flaky layers in your biscuit.
- Once you have the correct thickness, use a circular cookie cutter (or whatever shape you want) and cut your dough.
- Repeat the previous process of rolling out and folding with the excess dough and continue cutting and repeating until all dough is used.
- Dunk each biscuit in your melted butter (reserve leftover butter for after baking) and place on a cookie sheet.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Once removed from oven, brush the tops of the biscuits with the leftover butter.