Who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls?? What about sugar cookies in the form of a cinnamon roll i.e. Cinnamon Roll Sugar cookies! These kind of came to me in a fever dream of sugar and happiness and will be great for the family.
These bad boys are just tasty sugar cookies with a little cinnamon roll twist. The only thing to keep in mind though is they make A LOT. If you keep them small, they’ll make 50!! If you make them bigger, they are still pushing over 30 so bring a hungry family and lots of milk.
Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/4 C brown sugar
- 3.5 T cinnamon
- 4.5 T melted butter
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2.5 T milk
- Cream together butter and sugars. On my mixer I used my paddle attachment and set my speed to low for 30 seconds, medium for 30 seconds, and then high for 30 seconds. It came out creamed and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla, maple, cake flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and mix for one minute until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Once chilled, roll dough out into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle on a lightly floured sheet of wax paper.
- Combine all filling ingredients until well incorporated.
- Spread filling evenly across the dough like you would a cinnamon roll.
- Using the wax paper to aid you, roll the dough up into a tight log. The tighter you can make it the better.
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut dough into 1/2 inch slices and place flat on baking sheet, two inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are slightly golden.
- Let cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients until well mixed.
- Once cookies have cooled completely, drizzle however much or little you desire. Enjoy!