This Buffalo Pheasant Dip is the PERFECT appetizer for your super bowl parties!
Who doesn’t love buffalo dip?? I’ve had this buffalo pheasant dip recipe in my recipe book for a while and I thought I had already posted it…but I was wrong!
There is not a lot of white meat in the wild game spectrum. And the few species there are, I love preparing it like normal chicken. Obviously pheasant is a lot leaner than chicken, but when you boil the pheasant until tender and then continue it in the crockpot for hours with cheese-y goodness, its going to be amazing! Pheasant is just a great meat to work with.
This recipe is super easy! Like I said you just boil the meat until tender and then add all of the ingredients to a crockpot and cook for ~3 hours. It’s SOOOO GOOD! I have some in the freezer to reheat for the Super Bowl tomorrow and I can’t wait. As usual sound off in the comments if you have any requests, comments, or concerns about anything and ENJOY this meal!
Buffalo Pheasant Dip
- 2 quartered out pheasant ~2 lbs
- chicken bouillon
- cayenne pepper
- 3 T pheasant broth
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 T heavy cream
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip
- 1 C Frank's Red Hot
- 1/2 C light sour cream
- 8 oz mozzarella
- 4 whole green onions
Pre-cook Pheasant Instructions
- To package instructions cover the pheasant in a stock pot with a chicken bouillon/water mixture. Add 1 to 2 more teaspoons of bouillon to give it extra flavor. If you want your pheasant a little spicier add a couple dashes of cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until the meat is shreddable. ~50 minutes to an hour.
- Add your meat and all of the other ingredients to a crockpot.
- Stir and then cook on low for ~3 hours.
- Grab your favorite chips or crackers and enjoy!!