This Venison Lasagna Soup is one of the best soups I have ever made. It is just absolutely fantastic!
This recipe serves about 8 people and my husband and I ate the whole thing. A lot of the flavor in this recipe comes from my Italian Sausage recipe. I cannot stress enough how good that recipe is.
You can easily make this recipe in a stockpot for quicker results. However, I like my sausage to flavor up the sauce-y soup mixture for several hours. I think it creates a better flavor, but if you are in a pinch, where it says add everything to a crockpot, add it to a stockpot and bring it to a boil. Then add your spinach and noodles. Cook until the spinach is wilted and your noodles are soft. Voila!
This recipe is just good food. It will warm you up and taste good too.
And the cheese!! THE CHEESE IS AMAZING! Load your bowl up! Don’t be shy!!
I hope your family enjoys this Venison Lasagna Soup as much as mine!
Venison Lasagna Soup
- 1 lb Italian Venison Sausage
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T minced garlic
- 28 oz Bianco Dinapoli Fire Roasted Tomatoes I use my immersion blender to puree this a little but it is not necessary.
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper more or less or none.. depends on spice tolerance
- 6 oz basil, garlic, oregano, tomato paste
- 1-2 C chopped spinach
- 10-12 lasagna noodles broken into bite size pieces
- ricotta season with your heart
- mozzarella season with your heart
- shredded parmesean season with your heart
- Italian seasoning season with your heart
- Add garlic and sausage. Cook til browned.
- Add garlic and sausage and cook until browned.
- Drain excess oil off and add to slow cooker.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes, chicken broth, seasonings, and tomato paste. Stir. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add chopped spinach and broken noodles. Stir. Make sure that most of the noodles are submerged in the liquid. Cook for 30-45 minutes.
- While the soup is finishing, combine all of the cheese topping ingredients. I used about 2 C of ricotta and seasoned the rest with my heart. You cannot mess this step up!
- Ladle soup into a bowl and top with your cheese mixture. Add any extra cheese desired. ENJOY!