This Venison Italian Sausage and Pepperoni Bake is SUPER easy AND delicious.
This recipe came about because I got home from work and didn’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I was tired. I didn’t want to go to the grocery store for extra ingredients on my way home from work. I really just wanted something easy.
Most of the ingredients in this recipe are common pantry/fridge items. This is also a recipe that is super budget friendly. AND it doesn’t sacrifice taste.
You can jazz this recipe up by using a fancier pasta like I did or making your own pasta sauce. Neither is required though.
You can make this recipe as saucy or as cheesy as you desire. This is one of those recipes that you cannot mess up. And, again, it is so easy.
As I try to emphasize… Cooking with wild game does not have to be hard or fried. This is a quick and tasty meal that everyone will love.
Give this Venison Italian Sausage and Pepperoni Bake a try and let me know what ya think! ENJOY!
Venison Italian Sausage and Pepperoni Bake
- Casserole dish
- 12 oz favorite pasta shells** cooked and drained
- 1 lb Venison Italian Sausage cooked, crumbled, excess oil drained
- 3 oz pepperoni about half a bag (or more)
- 12 oz mozzarella or more for more cheesiness
- Italian seasoning for topping
- ~28 oz Pasta Sauce***
- If you haven't done so all ready, cook your Italian sausage. Do this by heating 2T of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Break up your sausage as it cooks. Drain any excess oil once done cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If you are making your own pasta sauce, do so now. How I made mine is in the notes section below.
- In a blender pulse together the sausage and sauce. I do this to create a meat sauce. However, if you like your sausage chunkier, you can combine the sauce and meat in a bowl instead (less dishes too!).
- In your casserole dish, place a thin layer of sauce. Sprinkle some of the cheese over it. Add half of your pepperonis.
- Combine remaining sauce and pasta.
- Add the pasta to the dish. Cover with mozzarella and remaining pepperonis. Top with Italian seasoning for extra flavor.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. For added crisp, bake on broil for 3-5 minutes or until desired crispiness. ENJOY!