I hope all of you have freezers full of deer meat and are looking for more ways to use it because I am also slowly working through my own! This Venison Hamburger Helper is done in one pot and is just as easy as the store bought!
I feel like hamburger helper has a bad rap as a cheap food, but I love it! I mean what’s bad about meat, cheese, and pasta thrown together? For my recipe though I wanted to use venison, obviously, and add some more flavor than what is in the regular box. This isn’t a hard recipe and is surprisingly good! It is extremely flavorful and because it isn’t coming from a mass-produced company you get less of a “refined processed” taste and more of a “oh my goodness, I am going to eat five pounds of this” taste 🤣. This is another family friendly meal that could become a staple in your household. Enjoy and let me know in the comments how it goes!!
Venison Hamburger Helper
- 1 lb venison ground
- 12 oz medium pasta shells or favorite macaroni noodle
- 1.5 T beef bouillon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 T ketchup
- 32 oz beef broth
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese Cut into small cubes
- 2 T sour cream
- parsley fresh or dried for garnish if desired
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add venison and cook until done (no longer pink). Drain any excess liquid.
- Add beef bouillon, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add yellow mustard, ketchup, beef broth, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine. Add noodles. Stir in. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
- Add Velveeta and sour cream. Stir until melty and combined.
- Remove from heat and Enjoy!