These Pumpkin Spice Cookies are easy and delicious. They are perfect for when you have guests over to watch football or just hangout this fall.
I was listening to the “Four Things with Amy Brown” podcast when she spoke about some cookies she made using pumpkin puree and spice cake. She said she like to jazz them up with some cream cheese frosting. These cookies sounded easy and delicious. I wanted to try my hand at jazzing them up myself.
I created my own cream cheese frosting and boy is it good. I add walnuts and chocolate chips to the cookies to give them some texture. The cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top really tops the cookie perfectly.
These cookies lasted 2 days between four people. They are that good.
Make sure to refrigerate them if they won’t be eaten within a day. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Cookie
- 1 package spice cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 C chopped walnuts or more
- 1 C mini chocolate chips or more
- 6 oz cream cheese extremely softened
- 1/3 C salted butter extremely softened
- 1/2 T maple extract
- 1.5 C powdered sugar
- cinnamon sugar enough to sprinkle at the end
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Grease your cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl stir together your cookie ingredients until well mixed.
- Place cookie dough onto the greased cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes and allow them to rest for around 5-10.
- While cookies are cooling, in a medium sized bowl, combine the icing ingredients and mix well until completely incorporated.
- Top your cookies with icing and sprinkle your cinnamon sugar on top.