This is a recipe one of my childhood friends, Jade, gave me and it is my favorite recipe for tortillas! It’s a family recipe, it is not very involved like many tortilla recipes, and it is delicious, so I hope everyone enjoys these tortillas as much as I have!
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tbsp lard
- 1.5 cups boiling water
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Lightly flour a surface and place tortilla mixture on it.
- Knead until fully combined.
- Make ~13 small balls. If needed reflour surface.
- Roll out each ball until almost see through.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat.
- Place flattened tortilla on pan one at a time.
- Flip when bubbles start to form on the tortilla. ~30 seconds to a minute each side. I like it when brown spots start to form.