This crockpot spicy cheesy turkey mac is something out of your ooiest gooiest dreams.
Wild Turkey gets a bad rap for being too tough and dry compared to its butterball farmed friends. The problem with this and with most wild game is people just don’t know how to handle it correctly. Again, just like all wild game, wild turkey is much leaner than the ones you can buy in a store and needs to be treated as such.
One of the easiest ways to counteract this issue to use a crockpot! Letting the meat cook in a crockpot surrounded by stock or a broth is a tried-and-true way to keep even the leanest of meats moist. This recipe does just that and if you like very cheesy mac & cheese, you won’t be disappointed!
I went to the farmers market and picked up some spicy pasta shells from a local vendor, but you can use whatever pasta you want! The crockpot spicy cheesy turkey mac isn’t a totally sit it and forget it recipe, but it is pretty darn close. So, throw a big ole turkey breast in the crockpot and ENJOY!
Crockpot Spicy Cheesy Turkey Mac
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken 1 can
- 1 turkey breast
- 1/2 C Frank's Red Hot
- 14.5 oz chicken broth 1 can
- 4 oz can sliced jalapeños don't drain
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese
- 16 oz Colby jack cheese
- 16 oz Monterrey jack cheese
- 32 oz pasta I used a local companies roasted garlic and jalapeno shells; cooked and drained.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Mix all the seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Add the cream of chicken, turkey breast, Frank's Red Hot, chicken broth, sliced jalapenos, and seasonings to the crockpot.
- Cook for 3 and a half hours on high in the crockpot or until tender and shreddable.
- Shred the turkey breast.
- Add in 8 oz of cream cheese,
- Shred 16 oz Monterrey jack, 8 oz Pepperjack, and 16 oz Colby jack and add to the crockpot.
- Stir until melted and fully incorporated.
- If you haven't already done so cook your pasta as directed and drain it.
- Fold pasta into crockpot mixture.
- If desired put extra cheese on the top and cook for another 30 minutes or until desired melty/cheesiness and enjoy!!