I’ve been on a slider kick recently and these Beer Cheese Venison Sliders are a nice addition to the repertoire!
This kind of started with Kings Hawaiian reaching out to me asking if they could send me a care package, which I mean of course! I guess they’re doing a little media campaign because I’ve seen multiple Instagram pages get the same package I got.
They decided to send me their pretzel slider buns and I thought, what goes better with pretzels than beer cheese?? I decided to go to town with that idea. A little note on this recipe is I don’t drink. So, in making a beer cheese you can use a beer you like, or in my case, one I saw a lot of people on the internet recommending 😂.
I used a Yuengling, and the beer cheese turned out great! The burgers were very solid too.
Overall, they were quite tasty. This recipe makes a lot of beer cheese and burger meat, but if you half the recipe you’ll still have plenty of burgers to go around! Let me know what you guys think of the recipe and ENJOY.
Beer Cheese Venison Sliders
- Pretzel slider buns I used Kings Hawaiian
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs venison burger I used 90/10 lean to fat
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 T salted butter
- 4 T all-purpose flour
- 1 C lager I used Yuengling
- 1+3/4 C milk
- 2 cloves garlic finely grated
- 1.5 T Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 C cheese I used sharp cheddar and swiss
- 2 T corn starch* ONLY if you shred your own cheese
- 1 tsp hot sauce I used Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- Combine meat and seasonings.
- Heat grill to medium temperature. Let meat rest while grill heats up.
- Shape patties to a size that will fit your bun.
- Grill 3-4 minutes each side or until done.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a sauce pan.
- Add flour and whisk to combine until smooth. Continue cooking this mixture for another minute to make a very light roux.
- Slowly whisk in beer and milk.
- Add garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Stir for 4-6 minutes or until the back of a wooden spoon is coated.
- Add cheese and combine. Remove from heat. If too thick you can add a little bit of milk at a time.
- Assemble your burgers and ENJOY!