If you liked my Venison Crunchwrap recipe you have to try this Venison Quesarito recipe!
I had SO much positive feedback from my Venison Crunchwrap recipe that I decided I wanted to expand into some other Taco Bell favorites of mine. Quesaritos might not be on the menu anymore unless you use their app (why???) but man do I love them!! I mean it’s a combination of a quesadilla and a burrito what’s not to love?!? Again, with deer seasons opening up all around the country, this is a great time to break into some ground meat and throw this creation together.
I used Taco Bell seasoning in the ground venison and a copycat of Taco Bell’s Chipotle sauce to make the recipe even more authentic to the fast-food version. This isn’t required and honestly you can put just about whatever you want into your own creations. Just don’t over stuff the quesaritos or they might make a mess when you try to wrap them up into burrito form.
Anyhoo, it turned out great! I’m amazed I haven’t made this before. The melted cheesy quesadilla wrapped around the burrito inside is on par with Einstein on genius inventions. Give this recipe a try with some of that grind you don’t know what to do with and let me know how it goes in the comments! If you guys and girls like it as much as the crunchwrap, I might continue to do a whole taco bell series with wild game flair! But until then I hope you ENJOY this recipe!
- 1 lb ground venison I used axis deer
- 1 packet Taco Bell seasoning
- queso I used Rico's, but you can use your favorite type
- shredded cheese
- chipotle sauce
- sour cream
- burrito sized flour tortillas
Spanish Rice (according to directions on Bolner's Fiesta Brand® Spanish Rice Seasoning container)
- 1 C rice
- 2 C water
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 7 oz tomato sauce
- 1 T Bolner's Fiesta Brand® Spanish Rice Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If using, make your chipotle sauce and refrigerate until needed.
- Cook your rice according to Bolner's Fiesta Brand® Spanish Rice Seasoning container's directions.
- Place two tortillas on a baking sheet. If overlapping, on the top tortilla, spread ~2T of queso on a tortilla, or enough to cover thinly. Then, sprinkle ~2T of shredded cheese (shown in picture). Put into the oven for ~1-2 minutes or until the cheese is just melted. You do not want your tortilla to get crispy, so watch carefully. You just want the tortilla warmed and cheese melted. This will help with folding and holding your burrito together.
- When the cheese has melted take it out of the oven and place the plain tortilla over the cheesy one. Let this rest for another 2-3 minutes. This will help the cheese set for folding later. Don't let it cool too much, or the tortilla will break when trying to fold.
- Layer the quesadilla with 1/4 cup of your Spanish rice, 1 T chipotle sauce, 1 T sour cream, and 1/4 cup of meat, or any other toppings you would like. Fold like a burrito (fold two sides about 2 inches over and roll tucking in any pieces that stick out).
- Heat a dry pan over medium-high heat and brown each side of your quesarito for ~30 seconds seam side down first.
- This makes around 8 quesaritos so bring a hungry family and enjoy! Or freeze them.