This is my Stuffed Venison Italian Sausage Sandwiches I made immediately after making some linked sausage and it is delicious!
This is a very simple recipe that depends on you already having the Venison Italian Sausage Links made. After they are made, and brought up to temperature, they are a piece of cake! I cut the links down the side so they would lay down flat in the pan, but if your sausages are long enough to stay flat you can cut them down the middle. I used burrata cheese to fill them, but you can use whatever cheese you want (the burrata is delicious though).
After filling them you basically just top with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese and throw it in the oven! Toast your bread if you want and then throw your wieners on the top and you have yourself a delicious sammich! Enjoy!
Stuffed Venison Italian Sausage
- 5 Cased Venison Italian Sausage Links or enough to fill a pan
- 8 oz burrata cheese
- 15 oz marinara sauce your favorite sauce
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese I used thick cut
- 5 bollilos any sub bread will work
- garlic butter* enough to spread on both sides of the bun
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat bottom of pan with marinara sauce.
- Cut sausages down the side, so they lay flat, and fill with burrata cheese.
- Cover sausages with marinara and ~ 8oz of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cook in the oven for ~20 minutes or until desired melty/browness of cheese.
- Cut sub bread in half like a hotdog bun leaving edges in tact.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high.
- Spread garlic butter on the inside of both sides.
- Lay butter side down on skillet and toast until desired crispiness.
- Fill bread with meat, cheese, and saucy goodness.