My all-time favorite sandwich meat is turkey. When my dad brought back two turkeys from a hunting trip, I knew I needed to make a solid roasted turkey recipe. You can use this roast turkey on sandwiches, soups, or just eating straight up. This recipe, coupled with my brine recipe, is tender and juicy and will satisfy your turkey cravings! I might even have a few recipes up my sleeve for you to use it in! Enjoy!
Roasted Turkey Breast
Extras For Soup
- 5 carrots diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- Two hours before cooking take the breasts out of the brine, rinse the brine off in cold running water, and let them rest until they are room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place chicken broth, breasts, jalapeno, and garlic in a roasting pan (diced carrots and celery too if you want to make a soup).
- Place butter pats on top of the breasts.
- Put lid on roasting pan.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until turkey breast reaches 165°F.
- Slice against the grain and enjoy!