This Blueberry Hill Diner Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes Copycat recipe hits the jackpot!
If you have ever been to Las Vegas, you may have had the opportunity to go to Blueberry Hill Diner… that is… if you were able to step away from the slot machines. If you weren’t, or you haven’t been to Vegas, I am bringing this tasty dish home to you.
One of my favorite breakfast joints in Las Vegas is Blueberry Hill Diner. They serve some good food, but, by far, my favorite is the cinnamon swirl pancakes. They are so good that I dream about them when I am not there. Just kidding…. But it is in my top three favorite things about Vegas.
Since I don’t go to Vegas that often, my chance to have these pancakes is few and far between. I wanted to make a copycat version, so that I wasn’t dependent on a trip to Vegas to get these delicious pancakes.
It took a couple tries to get this recipe perfect, but it was so worth it. The caramelization of the cinnamon swirl is soooooo good. I hope y’all enjoy these pancakes as much as me!
Blueberry Hill Diner Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes Copycat
Buttermilk Pancake Ingredients:
Cinnamon Swirl Ingredients:
- 1/2 C salted butter melted
- 2/3 C light brown sugar
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 C powdered sugar
- 3 T milk
- 4 T salted butter extremely softened, but not melted
Grandma's Maple Syrup Ingredients:
- 2 C sugar
- 1 C water
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp maple flavor plus more if desired
Pancake and Cinnamon Swirl Instructions:
- Combine pancake dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix in buttermilk, vanilla, large eggs, and butter until fully combined.
- Let pancake batter rest for 10 minutes.
- While batter is resting, make the cinnamon swirl.
- Mix together all cinnamon swirl ingredients.
- Using a funnel, pour the cinnamon swirl into a squeeze bottle. This isn't necessary, but will make life so much easier. If the ingredients thicken, the squeeze bottle should be microwaveable (double check), so nuke the bottle for a few seconds on 50% power until liquidy. Shake. Set aside.
- Heat skillet to medium-high heat (~375°F).
- Spray skillet with Pam.
- Pour ~1/3 C- 1/2 C of batter onto the skillet.
- Squeeze the cinnamon swirl in a "swirl" shape in the center out to the edges of the pancake.
- Repeat the pour and squeeze instructions until griddle is full.
- Flip the pancakes when small bubbles appear on the surface of the batter.
- Shake the cinnamon swirl bottle (to ensure the ingredients haven't separated) and squeeze a generous amount onto the "done/golden brown" top side that has finished cooking.
- Brush the cinnamon mixture all over the topside. The heat will melt the cinnamon and create almost a buttery sugar crystallization on your pancake.
- Remove from griddle once bottom is golden brown.
- Repeat until all batter used.
- Combine all icing ingredients until smooth.
Maple Syrup Instructions:
- Bring water, sugar, and cream of tartar to a boil.
- Once sugar is dissolved remove from the heat and add maple flavoring.
- Serve pancakes with icing and maple syrup over the top.
- If you have leftover cinnamon swirl, top your pancakes with that as well. You won't regret it!
- Another topping you might want is butter. Enjoy!