This White Gator Chili will knock your socks off!
Some days I am just really lazy and want a recipe I can throw in the slow cooker and forget about. I want these recipes to produce a tender meat and have a ton of flavor. This recipe did not disappoint. In fact, this might be one of my favorite recipes.
This is a similar vibe to a white bean or white chicken chili. Gator has a very similar flavor profile to chicken and does amazing in this recipe. The gator is so tender and absorbs all the flavors to take your taste buds on a delightful journey.
You can also make this in an instant pot or on the stove, however I prefer the lazy leave it and forget it method.
Don’t forget your toppings in this recipe! The lime juice and zest plus the tortilla chips really bring the recipe full circle. ENJOY!
White Gator Chili
- 2 lbs alligator meat
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 poblano peppers seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeños seeded and chopped
- 2.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp minced garlic HEAPING tsp
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2.5-3 C salsa verde
- 1 can navy beans aka white beans
- 2-3 C white shredded cheddar
- 1/2-3/4 C fresh cilantro chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños sliced
- 5 C rice cooked
- 1 avocado sliced
- sour cream
- shredded white cheddar
- lime wedges
- lime zest
- green onion
- tortilla chips
- Add meat, onion, peppers and seasonings to the bowl of your slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with salsa verde. Add lid and cook covered on low for 5-6 hours.
- Mix, breaking apart the meat a little. It should be tender.
- Stir in beans, cheddar, and cilantro.
- Cook until cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes.
- Assemble your bowl and ENJOY!
I like your website. Have You Considered Selling? I would propose x30 of your monthly earnings.