Vietnamese Turmeric Amberjack
Deliciously unique way to use your white fish!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb amberjack (or any white fish) cubed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 T ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 T fish sauce
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1 T dill I used the freeze dried kind in the seasoning section but you can use fresh
- 1 stalk green onion chopped
- Combine amberjack, turmeric, garlic, ginger, salt, white pepper, sugar, and fish sauce in a Ziplock bag or bowl and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Once finished marinating, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat. Add in the chopped onion and cook for a minute until they are shiny. Add the fish and marinade to the pan. Cook the amberjack for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add in the dill and green onion. Cook for another 30 seconds or until fully cooked. Remove from the heat and assemble your bowl. Finish by drizzling dipping sauce over the top. ENJOY!!