These Shredded Venison BBQ Sandwiches were by far one of the easiest and tastiest wild game meals I have made yet!
I love set it and forget it cooking. I plan on doing it even more when my husband starts medical school and we’re even busier than we are now 😂.
This recipe doesn’t even need instructions really. You season your meat, throw it in your slow cooker, shred it, and then toss it with BBQ sauce. How much easier can it get??? Throw your shredded venison on a bun with some coleslaw and pickles and go to town!
I used an axis round (I forgot to label top or bottom lol), but you can use any kind of roast you have (i.e shanks, front shoulder, whatever you have besides a backstrap really). Also, I used a sweet BBQ sauce from Sonny’s a BBQ chain that started in my husband’s hometown and has delicious BBQ sauce, but you can use whatever your favorite is!
Let me know how this recipe goes and if you enjoy it leave me a comment and review below!
Shredded Venison BBQ Sandwiches
- 2 lb venison roast I used an axis round
- 1/2 T garlic powder
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 32 oz beef broth
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Season your venison roast with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Put broth and Worcestershire sauce into the crockpot and set on low for 8 hours (or until shreddable).
- Shred your venison and drain your crock.
- You can brown the meat in a oven or cast iron if you want, but it isn't necessary.
- Mix in your favorite BBQ sauce until you get it as saucy as you like. I used Sonny's Sweet BBQ sauce.
- Assemble your sandwiches and ENJOY!