You ever plan on getting Chick-Fil-A and then realize it’s the Lord’s day? There is nothing worse than craving those delicious crispy nuggets from Chick-fil-a on a Sunday. I came up with a recipe that will hit the spot, but with a fun gator nuggets twist.
Gator-fil-a Nuggets and Gator-fil-a Sauce
Fill your Sunday Chick-fil-a cravings with some gator-fil-a nuggets!
- 2 lbs gator cut into bite size “nugget” pieces
- 2 C milk
- 1 C pickle juice
- 3 eggs
- 3.5 C flour
- 6 T powdered sugar
- 1 T corn starch
- 4.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- peanut oil enough to fry
- 1 C mayo
- 4 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 T honey
- 2 T BBQ sauce I used hickory flavor
- 1 tsp paprika plus more to taste/color
- Mix milk, pickle juice and eggs together in a small bowl. Place gator in a Ziplock bag with the milk mixture.
- Marinate 2-4 hours (the longer the marination time the more of a pickle flavor there will be).
- In a shallow dish, like a pie dish, mix together the flour, powdered sugar, corn starch, salt and ground pepper.
- Dredge the marinating nuggets in the flour mixture.
- Heat 2 inches of peanut oil in a deep frying pan. When you drop a bit of the flour in, it should sizzle (~375 degrees).
- Place the nuggets in the hot oil carefully. Cook until done and golden brown (~3-6 minutes).
- Mix all of the sauce ingredients together.
*You can buy small bottles of Chick-fil-a sauce at many grocery stores and even Chick-fil-a.