My poppy was the only one at the Thanksgiving table that would always use/request cranberry sauce. My mom would pop open a can of ocean spray cranberry sauce and serve him that. I remember thinking how gross it looked. I wish he could try this and tell me what he thought. He would have loved this sauce and he would’ve loved it on the sandwiches I made with it! As a non-cranberry sauce lover, this is fabulous.
- 16 oz frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium to medium high heat.
- Bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- The cranberries will pop which will help the sauce start to thicken.
- Reduce to a simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Refrigerate until cool and serve!
- If you prefer a sweeter cranberry sauce add more sugar, this is a more tart cranberry sauce.